Friday, August 3, 2007

Day 38 Evening in Sandusky

Day 38 Evening in Sandusky

Cedar Point and world class roller coasters is the destiantion. Lunch duty is in the hindrance. Dave and trade lunch prep duty in exchange for Breakfast duty. That hurdle out of the way,

Dave and I grab the shuttle and head for Cedar Point. $25 gets us in from 5pm to 10pm. That is a fair trade.

Ultiamtely it winds up being very hot and muggy. Iti s the amusement park experience. Standing in lines for 45 minutes or an hour to ride a 2 minute roller coaster. but we ride some of the best in the country.

I get my first taste of a real professional thrill rideroller coaster. This isn’t Disney’s Thunder Mountain Railroad, this is corkscrews, loops, and super drops. We get off and my stumach is definitely on its side. My knees are wobbly and I realize I am not cut out to be a professional roller coaster, rider or designer. I don’t have the stomach for it.

We go for another. I hope the 45 minute wait with give me time to settle my stomach.

It does. This ride is more drops and banking turns withour the corkscrew. My stomach can deal with this and I like this ride. We are waiting for another rider so we get dinner. Dave bust’s me for chatting up the cute Bulgarian behind the counter.

Now the ride longs are getting very long and we have to watch our time to make sure we catch the last shuttle.

We do the longest wooden coaster in the worla nd then head out. Dave and Lisa ride another ride as I start shooting picstures in the low light. The Amusement park is great for such shots.

We see Scott, Alison and Tom at the Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream on the way out. They rode 150 miles yesterday and stayed in a hotel to be able to come here and been at the park all day. It is 9:45pm and they are just leaving.

We catch the shuttle back to the campsite and I am happy to have spent the 5 hours at the park, and I am especially glad to not have ridden 150 miles yesterday jsut to be at the Cedar Point all day today. I am glad it was worth it for them. I am also glad for my choices.


Again another good day in the last 2 weeks of the ride.

Check out these Cedar Point Pictures.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

G'ma said...

(Really Mom) Andy I knew when you couldn't climb the fire tower when you were 10 that roller coasters wouldn't be your life......and remember Hershey Park?

Anonymous said...

Great use of light on your pictures. The neon and background really are a nice contrast. It sounds like you kicked it up a little on your ride and yet were able to back off and enjoy the ride. Keep having fun!

AzBlondie2011 said...

Hello Stranger...It's been a while!
How are you doing? Lance gave me this link and I hope you don't mind!When will you be home? How do you love this adventure you are on?
Sounds like fun to me!
You take care of yourself and please write me and let me know how you are doing, okay?
Miss ya.....Marisa

Unknown said...

from bob and laurie
scottsdale, AZ
andy,
thanks for the dedication to the bloggin, we read em all. miss you sunday nites!
thinking of you often
really good job youre doin